Time & Location
15 May 2021, 14:00 – 16:40 CEST
About the Event
Talks with experts about anxiety, depression, and suicide prevention.
Throughout the last year, probably most of us had moments when we didn’t feel like ourselves. For some people, it’s just a short phase, but for many of us it’s a day-to-day struggle.
Unfortunately, mental health is still a taboo topic to talk about. That’s why Rotaract Groningen International together with Arouba Kabir (India), Annelien Beens (NL) and Yasmijn Oldenbeuving (NL) are bringing to you a webinar about anxiety, depression, and suicide prevention.
These three experts will talk about:
- ways to recognize and deal with anxiety;
- how to put our feelings down on paper (material required: colored pencils and paper)
- the main symptoms of depression;
- the factors that play a role in developing and prolonging depression;
- facts and myths about suicidality;
- recognizing suicidal tendencies;
- how you can approach having a conversation about suicide.
After the presentations, there will be time for questions/discussion.
The webinar takes place on 15th May, from 14:00 till 16:40.